[ANUBC] Week 2 - Lunchtime Bridge, Bridge at the Club

ANU Bridge Club Announcements List anubc-announce at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 2 11:52:26 EST 2011

Hi all,

I hope you had a good first week of semester. We have our usual arrangements
this week.

Many of our players are currently at Broadbeach, Gold Coast for the *Gold
Coast Congress*. This is a very large event attended by over 400 teams of
four or more (that's at least 1600 bridge players!! In one room!).

*Lunchtime Bridge

*Thursday 1-2 at the ANU Refectory. If there is enough interest (reply by
email) I will make this 12-2, you may come and go as you like during these
times. The place we play is upstairs in the Union Building, near Pajenka's
and the Asian Bistro. You have to go to the corner of that floor which has
lots of tables and chairs and no particular shops. We will have red
tablecloths so look out for those.

*Bridge at the Club

*We will be playing bridge at the Deakin Bridge Club on Friday, 4-6:30. *We
can provide transport to and from the premises.* This is a good chance to
learn more advanced techniques and to generally improve at bridge. There
will also be the option to play the *Friday night walk-in, *a relaxed and
not too stressed walkin duplicate. Please email me on this address or send
me a text on 0412391607 to enquire about transport or anything else.

*Batemans Bay
*
Thank you to all the people who replied swiftly and promptly. We now have a
contingent. I will however allow for a last train application by tomorrow
6pm. Refer to previous emails for details.

Look forward to seeing you!

John