[ANUBC] Week 4 - Lunchtime Bridge, Bridge at the Club

ANU Bridge Club Announcements List anubc-announce at anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 22:35:51 EST 2011

Hi all,

Unfortunately I could not get an email out last week - I was quite occupied
organising the Batemans Bay Congress. I apologise wholeheartedly if people
came to the Bridge Club on Friday - we had a week off due to the Batemans
Bay Congress.

*Lunchtime Bridge

*Lunchtime Bridge is on at the ANU Refectory from 1-2 again this Thursday.
There are plans to run one beginners table and two or three competitive
tables to play a 6 board match. This requires around 45 minutes so if you
would like to participate please come around 5 past 1. If not enough
interest is there then I will just not bother and we will keep the format
from the last few weeks.

*Bridge at the Club

*We had a week off last week due to the Batemans Bay congress. I apologise
if you came to the club to find nobody there. Now that we're all back - we
will have Bridge at the Club again this Friday. There is also Dinner and
Bridge at the Club this Friday (third week of the month) which I believe is
$5 for quite a reasonable dinner. If you have plans to come please email me.

*Batemans Bay - Report

*We had a successful trip to the Batemans Bay Congress. There were 9 Pairs
on Saturday and 6 Teams of 4 on Sunday. One of the ANU teams - the Zhou team
made up of Qiao Zhou-Daryl Whitfield-Peter Gill-Griff Ware did very well
coming 2nd in a strong field which included some Australian Representatives.
Many congratulations to the Zhou team. A fun time was had by all and
everyone experienced competitive bridge - some for the first time. I will
include a list of results if I can find one in my next email.

See you all soon!

John