[ANUBC] BFACT Gala Pairs, GNP Heats, Walkin Bridge

ANU Bridge Club Announcements List anubc-announce at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 30 14:40:39 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

Just some information for your ... well, information.

*
BFACT Gala Pairs*
*
*
The Gala Pairs is a great way to experience Butler pairs. This is the format
where you play as a pair of 2 but use IMP scoring (where the magnitude of
scores is important). Wikipedia might help (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplicate_bridge#Scoring).
The event will be on *Sunday 16 October at 9:30am *until sometime in the
afternoon, usually ~5pm. There are several fields including Restricted and
Novice so everybody has a chance to win the event and it promises to be a
fun day (http://bfact.com.au/notices).
Even more exciting is that the *top two pairs in the Restricted field* will
qualify to go to the *Grand National Open Teams*, *November 25-28*, as part
of the ACT Provincial Team (http://www.abf.com.au/events/gnot/2011/).
You can either enter the event yourself by registering at Canberra Bridge
Club or you can inform me and I will enter you. It is preferable that you
find a partner, if you can't I will try to find you one.

*GNP Heats*
*
*
There was an indication that two youth players would compete in the Grand
National Pairs Regional Final. We will therefore be running heats at some
stage based on interest levels. The *Grand National Pairs *is a great event
for players under the level of Life Master (<300 Masterpoints) (
http://www.abf.com.au/events/gnp/). It will be in Canberra on the 21st and
22nd of January 2012. The Regional Final is *29 October *in Canberra. Please
inform me ASAP if you are available on these dates and are interested in
playing.

*Walk-in Bridge*
*
*
Just a reminder that there are several walk-in sessions at Canberra Bridge
Club where you can bring a partner or just show up and play. Session times
are here http://www.canberrabridgeclub.com.au/whatson_session.htm.
If you are playing this evening please be there by 7:15 so we can sort out
pairs.

--
Regards,

*John Yoon*,