[Aqualist] ANZGG Australasian Rivers Research Group Workshop February 2007

Tim Barrows Tim.Barrows at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 18:18:51 EST 2006

From: Paul Rustomji <Paul.Rustomji at csiro.au>

On the basis of the strength and volume of river related research
presented at the last ANZGG meeting at Taipa Bay, NZ, it was resolved to
run a short workshop specifically on current river research in February
2007, coordinated by myself and Jacky Croke, which I am happy to invite
you all to attend.

The workshop is being held to highlight new frontiers being explored in
river research in Australia, New Zealand and the broader region.  More
details are contained in the flyer, which can also be
downloaded from the ANZGG website (www.anzgg.org).  The workshop will be
held in Canberra and the NSW south coast, with a field trip examining
the Holocene floodplain evolution of the Tuross River.

Jacky and I have structured the workshop to be as low cost as possible
specifically to make it easier for post-grad students to attend.  There
will be no registration fee - you just need to cover your food, travel
and lodgings.  There may also be the opportunity for some travel
grants/free accommodation to help post-grad students get to the workshop
- pls ask about this later.

What you can do:
- decide whether you might like to attend.
- let others who you work with who aren't on this ANZGG email list, but
might be interested in attending know about the workshop (eg. new
post-grad students, river related colleagues in your department etc).
- contact me if you have any questions.

Hope to see many of you there.

Over and out
Paul.