[Aqualist] Notice of Aus-INTIMATE workshop at INQUA

Barrows, Timothy T.Barrows at exeter.ac.uk
Sat Apr 9 01:18:37 EST 2011

At the upcoming INQUA congress in Bern, Switzerland, a session showcasing palaeoclimate work from our region entitled "Linking Southern Hemisphere multiproxy records and past circulation patterns: AUS-INTIMATE and wider Southern Connections" will be held on the 26th of July (poster session) and 27th of July (two oral sessions).  Details of the presentations and abstracts can be found at the following link -  (http://www.inqua2011.ch/?a=programme&subnavi=sessions&id=2)
The oral presentation session on the 27th of July finishes at lunchtime, and is close to the end of the congress. We would like to hold an informal gathering during lunch beginning at 1pm to discuss issues, future research directions, and prospects of moving ahead under a unified banner called "AUS-INTIMATE".  Details of the meeting location during lunchtime on the 27th will be finalised ahead of the INQUA congress, but provisionally will be in the same room that the AUS-INTIMATE session was held in.
We hope you will attend this side-session and provide your input about the future of the AUS INTIMATE research collaboration.

Regards,
Peter Almond, Drew Lorrey, Marcus Vandergoes (NZ INTIMATE)
Jessica Reeves and Tim Cohen (OZ INTIMATE)