[Aqualist] AGU session NH005: dams and reservoirs

Michelle Ho mh3538 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 21 23:47:21 AEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

AGU early bird abstracts are due in 5 days (26th July) with a final
deadline of August 2.

If your research is related to dam hazards and risks, please consider
submitting to our session titled: Dams and Reservoirs - Natural Hazards,
Risks, and Solutions.
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session22596

We have the following two confirmed invited speakers:

Session description:
Michael Webber, Deputy Director of the Energy Institute, The University of
Texas at Austin
Vladimir Smakhtin, Director United Nations University Institute for Water,
Environment and Health

We welcome contributions addressing dam hazards and risks associated with
uncontrolled or emergency water releases, changes in flood risk, seismic
activity, increasing age and the need for restoration, retrofitting, or
removal.

Conveners:Michelle Ho, Columbia University, New York, USA
Casey Brown, University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, United States, Ramesh
P Singh, Chapman University, CA, United States Xun Sun, Columbia Univ, New
York, NY, United States

See you in New Orleans!

--
*Michelle Ho *PhD