[Aqualist] INQUA awards (Australia)

Jessica Reeves j.reeves at federation.edu.au
Tue Sep 4 09:19:08 AEST 2018

Hello folks,
I have been reminded that time is running short to nominate our esteemed colleagues for INQUA medals and awards. These include:

*         Liu Tungsheng Distinguished Career Medal. The Liu Tungsheng Distinguished Career Medal will be awarded to a senior Quaternary scientist who has made numerous, distinguished, and significant contributions that have clearly advanced Quaternary science through service to the international community.

*         Sir Nicholas Shackleton Medal. The Nick Shackleton Medal will be awarded to an early-career scientist, who will normally be less than 40 years of age or, if older, within 8 years of completing their first PhD project.

*         INQUA Honorary Life Fellow. Honorary Life Fellowships are awarded to prominent internationally recognized Quaternary scientists who have been active in INQUA.
Proposals should include a summary and a short personal statement in support of the candidate, the curriculum vitae and list of publications of the nominee, and three letters of recommendation (two for Life Fellows). The forms are available here: https://www.inqua.org/funding/funding_forms.

Could I ask you to please forward any names of nominees for Australian candidates directly to me at: j.reeves at federation.edu.au<mailto:j.reeves at federation.edu.au> before Tuesday 11th September. I will check these for eligibility and suitability and then contact you for full nomination details. These will then be circulated to the AQUA Exec, short-listed and put to the Australian AQUA community to vote.

New Zealand Quaternarists have been contacted by David Lowe, but if you have suddenly thought of someone, please contact David directly: david.lowe at waikato.ac.nz<mailto:david.lowe at waikato.ac.nz>.

Previous award recipients have included:
Shackleton Medal Recipients
*         2017: Dr Amaelle Landais Israel
*         2015: Associate Professor Robert E. Kopp
*         2013: Not awarded
*         2011: Dr Yuki Sawai
*         2009: Dr Zenobia Jacobs
*         2007: Prof Chris Turney
Liu Tusheng Medal Recipients
*         2015: Professor Ann G. Wintle
*         2011: Professor Stephen C. Porter
Life Members
*         2015: Brad Pillans
*         2011: Peter Kershaw, John Chappell (for NZ)
*         2007: Martin Williams
*         2003: Jim Bowler
Cheers, Jess Reeves
(as INQUA - Australian delegate)