[Aqualist] ERIC GRIMM MEMORIAL EVENT - 28 April 2021 A 24-hr celebration of Eric's life and legacy

Simon Haberle simon.haberle at anu.edu.au
Sun Apr 25 18:57:28 AEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

You are invited to the  ERIC GRIMM MEMORIAL EVENT - 28 April 2021 - A 24-hr celebration of Eric's life and legacy. Please find details and schedule on the website

https://sites.google.com/view/ericgrimm/

On Sunday, November 15th, 2020, Dr. Eric C. Grimm, loving husband, father, and world-renowned scientist, passed away suddenly at the age of 69. Eric was committed to sharing scientific research with the public. He was a brilliant lecturer and excelled at explaining complex topics in a friendly and understandable way; his lectures on climate change always drew a crowd. He was internationally known and respected for his studies of fossil pollen (palynology) and research documenting long-term changes in vegetation and climate. On the 28th of April 2021, we come together as a global community of friends and colleagues to celebrate Eric's legacy in our personal and professional lives. From across the globe, we will connect during this open 24-hr event to share perspectives and personal stories on Eric's life, work and dedication to science. In chronological order of time-zones, there will be four blocks of talks covering Asia & Pacific, Europe, Africa and the Americas, including short breaks to raise a glass together for Eric.

The event is open to anyone who wishes to join by following the zoom link here below (or on the website).

https://sites.google.com/view/ericgrimm/#h.3qsk1f3fzsjs

We invite you to use and follow #Eric24h and @EricCGrimm for any news and comments before, during and after the event

The schedule for the Australia/NZ region is as follows

(Canberra/Melbourne time)
15:00    Introduction to Pacific Region  -  Simon Haberle
15:10    The Laschamps record from Tasmania  - Michael-Shawn Fletcher
15:30    The Laschamps record from Tahiti Mati  -  Matiu Prebble
15:50    NEOTOMA and the Indo-Pacific Pollen Database  -  Geoff Hope and
Simon Haberle
16:10  Break

Regards, Simon

Simon Haberle
Director, School of Culture, History & Language
Professor of Natural History

ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
Baldessin Precinct Building
CHL Administration Office