[Aqualist] EGU2024: Call for abstracts - Hydrology, meteorology and climate in drylands

Kathryn Fitzsimmons kathryn.fitzsimmons at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Dec 5 18:21:40 AEDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

Are you involved or interested in studying water-related processes in
drylands? If so, we would like to invite you to participate in the EGU
2024 session “*Hydrology, meteorology and climate in drylands*”.

The aim of the session is to bring together scientists from various
disciplines and geographical regions studying arid regions, with a wide
range of perspectives. Participants from Atmospheric Science, Climate,
Hydrology (both surface and subsurface), Geomorphology and
Paleoclimatology are invited to this broad-horizon session, with the
intention of connecting these fields together to get a better standpoint
of the topic.

Key talk during the session will be given by Dr Monika
Markowska (Northumbria University, UK): Exploring the mechanisms
controlling dryland hydroclimate in past 'warmer worlds'

Please note that the deadline to apply for travel support for on-site
participants is 1 December 2023. Otherwise, the abstract submission
deadline is 10 January 2024.

Session details:
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU24/session/48448

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna!

Koko (Moshe) Armon, Andries Jan De Vries, Pedro Alencar, Kathryn
Fitzsimmons, and Rodolfo Nóbrega

--
Kathryn Fitzsimmons

Professor of Terrestrial Sedimentology
Department of Geosciences
Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät
Universität Tübingen
Schnarrenbergstr. 94-96
72076 Tübingen
Germany

Office: 2O40
Tel.: +49 (0)7071 29 74783
kathryn.fitzsimmons at uni-tuebingen.de

Please note I will be away from my mail (in the field or at a conference) during the following periods over the boreal summer:
July 13-21
July 31- August 5
August 18 - September 11
Later in September (to be determined)
Please have patience with a reply during this time.