[Easttimorstudies] Using the net more in East Timor studies

johnmacdougall at comcast.net johnmacdougall at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 10:09:08 EST 2006

While there are now several useful lists available on Timor Leste
and many relevant databases, few take the approach I am attempting
on the new east-timor-studies list on Yahoo! Groups:

1. Present relevant material in original languages whenever possible
(English, Portuguese, and Indonesian). Tetun materials
can also be gleaned from the net, but I do need assistance in
selecting them.

2. Use extensive links to images, audio and video about Timor Leste.
Enormous quantities have become available with the explosive
growth of sites specializing in these media.  They should, I think,
be explored more.

3. Cover blog postings on Timor Leste more thoroughly.

4. Present links to more new full-text scholarly and documentary material
on the public (as distinct from proprietary) net.

If anyone on _this_ East Timor Studies list is interested in assisting me
in some way,  just email me informally at johnmacdougall at comcast.net .
I need a bit more more expert voluntary assistance in place before
 publicizing the
 _Yahoo! Groups_ east-timor-studies list more extensively.

Please feel free to re-distribute this message in part or in full.

Best wishes,
John

John A. MacDougall
Moderator, east-timor-studies and indonesian-studies
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/east-timor-studies