[Easttimorstudies] Xanana Trust - Vocational Education in East Timor

Xanana Vocational Education Trust chris.trueman at xananatrust.org
Tue May 9 11:55:28 EST 2006

	*xanana*VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TRUST
Patrons: His Excellency Kay Rala Xanana Gusmão,  President of the
Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
                The Honourable Sir William Deane AC KBE, Former Governor
General of Australia

Bob Boughton has enquired whether anyone is working  in the area of
adult and vocational education in East Timor.
I have communicated with Bob Boughton directly.
However the answer to that question is also of great interest to the
Xanana Vocational Education Trust .
The Trust has been established to fill the role of working with the
Government of Timor Leste and the East Timor Vocational Education
community to help them build a viable vocational education system
leading to outcomes of reskilling, job creation and economic development.
The Trust has established a VET Group under the Chairmanship of
Professor David Beanland (Ex Vice Chancellor RMIT University) to provide
sound professional advice in relation to our activities in East Timor.
We are interested in finding out what resources are available to us in
Australia - both institutional and personal - to assist us with our work.
If any other readers on this list have a particular interest in
vocational education in East Timor, please contact me directly.
Refer to: http://www.xananatrust.org for more information
Regards
Chris Trueman
Chief Executive & Director
Xanana Vocational Eduation Trust
Email: chris.trueman at xananatrust.org
Tel: +613 9690 6501

Chris Trueman
Chief Executive & Director
Xanana Vocational Education Trust
/The Trust Vision is a self sustaining vocational education system for
the people of Timor-Leste/
of Southbank

Xanana Vocational Education Trust      ABN 31 516 142 700
Office Address: IBM Tower, Level 9, 60 City Rd Southbank
Mail Address: PO Box 19444, Southbank Vic. 3006 Australia
Trustee: XVET Limited ACN 114 459 773
Tel (Chris):+61 (0)3 9690 6501   Mob: +61 (0)409 028 124     Web:
http://www.xananatrust.org