[TimorLesteStudies] Fundraising Dinner Thursday 4 October

jennifer.drysdale at anu.edu.au jennifer.drysdale at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 16:42:28 EST 2007

Note, it is not possible to send the attachment, so it has been cut and pasted
below. Please email Dierk at vbehrens at grapevine.net.au if you would like a
copy of the flyer.
Jen

Dear Jenny

Would it be possible, please, to circulate the attached invitation.

You may be pleased to learn that the Canberra Union Voices will also
present a bracket of songs, including Tetum ones.  This was confirmed
after completing the flyer.

Thanks in anticipation and best regards

--
Dierk von Behrens
121 Springvale Drive

Ryder-Cheshire Foundation (ACT) Inc ABN 54 601 780 210
and
Canberra Friends of Dili ABN 42 755 698 645
The Ryder-Cheshire Foundation and Canberra Friends of Dili both support
important humanitarian programs in East Timor in the health and education
fields. Our objective with this dinner is to raise funds needed to continue
the support that the Canberra community gives to these projects.
Fundraising Dinner
Thursday 4 October 2007
Guest Speaker:	The Hon Tim Fisher AC
Tim Fisher, a former deputy prime minister, has devoted much of his time and
energy to numerous causes, both here and overseas.  Tim Fisher has visited
East Timor several times since the 1999 independence referendum and has
written extensively of his hopes and expectations for the country.  The topic
of his talk will be ¡§Tim Fisher¡¦s Vision for East Timor in 2020¡¨.  This will
be an informative and thought-provoking occasion.
What: 	A three course dinner with complimentary table wine, preceded by a
wine tasting, displaying a selection of moderately priced quality Rosemont
wines.
Fantastic auction items and great raffle prizes
When:	Thursday 4 October 2007
Wine tasting:	from 6.15 pm
Dinner:	7 for 7.30 pm
Where:	The Canberra Deakin Football Club, 2 Grose St  DEAKIN
Cost:	$60 per head, which includes a tax deductible donation of $10 to the
Ryder-Cheshire Overseas Aid Fund; or $45 for concession holders and students,
with no tax deductible component (proof of concession must accompany payment)
Bring:	Your friends (tables of 8 or 10) and your wallets
Bookings, accompanied by full payment, are essential by Monday 24 September
2007
Please note: cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the event will result in
a full refund less any tax deductible receipts.  However, no refund will be
made for non-attendance.
To book, please fax a completed registration form to 02 6259 2328 or post a
completed registration form to 59 Barnard Circuit FLOREY ACT 2615. Cheques
should be made payable to ¡¥Ryder-Cheshire Foundation (ACT) Inc¡¦

Name:		Company (if applicable):
Address
Phone		Fax		Email
Dietary requirements		For		People
Number of places required
Cheque enclosed „T	or please charge my credit card for	$
	MasterCard  „T	Visa  „T
Card No:

			Expiry Date	/
Name on Card
Signature

RYDER-CHESHIRE FOUNDATION (AUSTRALIA)
The mission of the Ryder-Cheshire Foundation is the relief of suffering among
people who are sick, disabled or destitute, without regard to age, race or
religion.  Since 2000, the Ryder-Cheshire Foundations of Australia have
supported a low dependency health-care facility in Timor-Leste (formally East
Timor).  Patients awaiting or recovering from surgery, suffering from TB or
malnutrition, and those requiring physiotherapy are referred by Hospital
National in Dili and from many health clinics to be cared for.  Village-based
outreach programs assist children with disabilities, provide diagnosis and
treatment for those suffering from TB and offer health and hygiene training.
Donations from the Australian public cover the annual operating budget of
approximately $95,000.
Why support the Ryder-Cheshire Foundation?
In Australia we are run totally by unpaid volunteers and, by keeping our
administrative costs to the absolute minimum, all the money you donate and 97%
of other funds raised reaches the people it is intended for.  And, all
donations of $2 and over are tax deductible!  For further information, please
contact Patricia at: patriciamcdonell2003 at yahoo.com.au
CANBERRA FRIENDS OF DILI
CFD is a community-based NGO which is creating education, sporting and
community links between the Canberra and Dili communities. CFD also acts as
the implementing bodies for activities under the ACT Govt ¡V Dili District
Friendship Agreement of 2004.
CFD is fostering partnerships between schools in ACT and Dili, as well as
between Canberra Institute of Technology and Dili Institute of Technology.
This benefits both ends. It also gives educational institutions in the ACT the
opportunity to assist their partners in Dili overcome some of their dire
shortages in facilities and resources.
In conjunction with AusAID we support a fill0time Youth Ambassador in Dili.
Why support the Canberra Friends of Dili?
We are a small Canberra-based organisation totally funded by its unpaid
volunteers, members and guests at our fundraising functions. We keep our
administrative costs to the minimum essential to ensure our educational and
other work in Dili can succeed. Trips to Dili by executive members and
volunteers are mostly funded by the volunteers themselves.
Anybody interested in obtaining information about CFD and/or the possibilities
of voluntary work with it in Dili District, Timor Leste, should contract our
secretary, Robert Altamore at 02 6287 7512, mobile
0423 931 753 or on altamr at bigpond.com