[TimorLesteStudies] 2009 TLSA Conference : Abstracts due Friday (March 27)

Michael Leach MLEACH at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Mon Mar 23 12:13:55 EST 2009

Dear TLSA list members

Just a quick reminder that abstracts for the 2009 Timor-Leste Studies Association Conference, Understanding Timor-Leste: A Research Conference (Dili, 2-3 July).  are due this Friday March 27.

Up to date conference information is available on the new TLSA website, where we will soon add registration and other relevant information, such as accommodation and travel advice: http://tlstudies.org/index.html

A few conference updates:

- We have now received more than 60 abstracts, in all four conference languages, and expect more to come in the next few weeks. So the conference promises to be a great event.

- The Tetum version of the call for papers has been online for a few weeks now: http://tlstudies.org/ConferenceTetum.html

- A full conference program will be available shortly after March 27.

- A number of exciting events are being planned for the Expos on the weekend following the conference (4-5 July). Further details will be distributed as these are confirmed.

We look forward to seeing many TLSA members in Dili in July. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.

Please note that conference queries can also be made in:
Tetum-Dili: to Antero da Silva, National University of Timor-Lorosae. anterob at gmail.com
Portuguese: to Nuno Canas Mendes, Technical University of Lisbon. ncm at iscsp.utl.pt
Bahasa Indonesia: to Setyo Budi. budi at infoxchange.net.au

with best regards