[TimorLesteStudies] Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong Call for Papers
Bu V.E. Wilson
bu.wilson at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 2 15:21:04 EST 2009
The Fifth Annual Conference
The Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong (ASAHK)
8-9 January 2010
Call for papers
The Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong (ASAHK) invites scholars, researchers, and postgraduate students from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences to propose papers and panels for the Fifth Annual Conference of the Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong. Conference participants are welcome to address issues in the study of Asia from a range of fields such as politics, anthropology, sociology, history, economics, business studies, management, culture, literature, religion, philosophy, education, gender and sexuality, film, media, communication, environment, and health.
Previous ASAHK conferences were:
1st – The City University of Hong Kong 2006
2nd – The University of Hong Kong 2007
3rd -- Hong Kong Baptist University 2008
4th – The Open University of Hong Kong 2009
The Fifth Annual Conference of the ASAHK will be held at the University of Hong Kong, 8 January - 9 January 2010.
Details about the conference:
1. Venue: The University of Hong Kong (HKU), Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
2. Dates: 8 January (Friday) and 9 January (Saturday) 2010.
3. Organizers: ASAHK and The School of Modern Languages and Cultures, HKU
4. Official languages: English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese). Other languages are also welcomed. Please mention in your panel application what language the panel will use.
5. Proposals for papers could be submitted in the following ways:
i. Panels can be organized around a specific theme. The panel organizer should provide a list of all the papers proposed plus an abstract (200 words) for each of the papers to Dr. Dixon Wong (hwwongc at hkucc.hku.hk) of the Conference Organizing Committee. The contact e-mail addresses and institutional affiliations of all the members of the panel should also be provided. The deadline of submission is 16 October 2009.
ii. Individual paper proposals are equally welcomed. The title of the paper as well as its abstract (200 words) should be sent to Dr. Dixon Wong of the Conference Organizing Committee. The contact e-mail address and the institutional affiliation of the paper proposer should also be provided. The deadline of submission is 16 October 2009.
6. The Conference Organizing Committee will inform panel organizers and individual paper proposers of the acceptance of their proposals for presentation at the Conference on or before 30 October 2009.
7. Conference registration fee: free for ASAHK members; HK$200 for non-members.
8. Conference participants who would like to join the ASAHK as members should contact Professor So Wai Chor, the President of the Association.
9. The Conference Organizing Committee will provide information to overseas participants who would like to book a room in a hotel near the HKU campus.
10. Paper proposals and all enquiries should be directed to one of the following members of the
11. Conference Organizing Committee:
Professor CHENG Joseph Yu-shek, e-mail: rcccrc at cityu.edu.hk
Dr Syed AKHTAR, email: mgsyed at cityu.edu.hk
Professor Louise EDWARDS, email: ledwards at hku.hk
Professor LEE Pui Tak, email: ptlee at hku.hk
Professor SO Wai Chor, email: wcso at ouhk.edu.hk
Dr. Victor TEO, email: victorteo at hku.hk
Dr. WONG Heung Wah, Dixon, email: hwwongc at hkucc.hku.hk
Bu V.E. Wilson
Centre for International Governance and Justice
Regulatory Institutions Network
Australian National University
+61 407 087 086
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Easttimorstudies