[TimorLesteStudies] Call for Papers: Social work education and practice in East Timor.

Joe Thomas joe_thomas123 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 13 01:06:01 EST 2010

Dear Members of East Timor Studues Group,

Prof Vimla Nadkarni, the editor of  Social Work Education The International Journal. Special Issue on Challenges for Social Work Education in the Asian context is keen to receive a paper on Social work education and practice in East Timor.

The following is the announcement and a brief note from Prof. Vimla Nadkarni.

"I think I would need someone who will need to write in a hurry as I will need the paper of either 4000 words or 2500 before end of this month. I am waking up a little late in teh day!! In any case, I am sending the brief"  Vimla

Thanks and best regards

Joe Thomas
International Centre for Health Equity
Melbourne, Australia

_______________________________________
Social Work Education The International Journal

Special Issue on
Challenges for Social Work Education in the Asian context
As globalisation, liberalisation and privatisation have brought both opportunities and challenges to social development in Asian societies, merits of social work as a social development related profession have been increasingly recognized. Influenced by the factors such as colonial legacy and communist ideology, the development of social work practices and education has various stories among different regions. While India is celebrating the 70th Anniversary of professional social work in 2009, China has just started the revitalization of the social work profession since 2006.

This special issue of the Social Work Education aims to:

Document the kaleidoscope of perspectives in social work education and practice across Asia.
Document the contrasts in the challenges across countries in Asia which are in the initial phases of developing social work education and practice and those which are tailoring their curricula to address the rapid social and environmental changes of globalisation, liberalisation and privatisation.
Highlight innovations and learning experiences in social work education of the Asian countries that can be shared across the region in their responses to the challenges arising out of these changes.

Guidelines:
l   Contributions are sought from scholars, researchers, practitioners and educators who are interested in sharing their observations, experiences and reflections on the development of social work education and practice in Asia. Four types of contributions are especially encouraged:

1.            Empirical studies evaluating the quality of social work education and     effectiveness of social work practice in a specific region.

2.            Reflections on the institutional challenges for the development of social work education in a specific region.

3.    Indigenization of social work theories, practices and education in a specific region.

4.            Latest development of social work education and practice in responding to social      changes.

l   When developing the paper, each author may consider the following aspects to be covered in the paper:

 I.         Evolution of social work education in the country in the context of the changing economic, political and social scenario in the region/country.

II.         Uniqueness of social work education developed in the country as a response to the context in which it is embedded.

III.                  Issues and challenges confronting the development of social work education in the region/country.

IV.         Future prospects for social work education in the country.

Manuscript Submission

All submitted articles should be no more than 6000 words, including abstract, references, tables, and figures; Ideas in Action pieces should be 750-2500 words;

Book reviews should be no more than 1500 words.  All submissions will be peer-reviewed.

Submissions can either be sent to online submission centre at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cswe or to Special Issue Guest Editors:
Prof. Vimla Nadkarni via vimla at tiss.edu, vimlanadkarni at hotmail.com

Prof. Angelina Woon-ki Yuen-Tsang via sswkyuen at inet.polyu.edu.hk .

Manuscript Submission Deadline is 31 March  2010.

For more Instructions for Authors, please visit:

http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/csweauth.asp

--
Best wishes and regards

Vimla