[TimorLesteStudies] Australian students: PhD scholarship in Women’s Human Rights implementation
bu.wilson at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 15:21:23 EST 2010
PhD scholarship in Women’s Human Rights implementation
Outstanding Australian students interested in undertaking post-graduate research in the field of women’s human rights implementation are invited to apply for a 3 year PhD Scholarship at UNSW commencing in 2011. The student will be supervised by Professor Louise Chappell, in the School of Social Sciences and International Studies, whose current research project focuses on the implementation of the gender justice elements of the International Criminal Court.
· Australian Post graduate Award rate: $22,860 pa (tax exempt for full time students) paid fortnightly.
· 3 years duration.
· The successful applicant may be eligible for relocation costs (up to $530) to Sydney from within Australia, and thesis production costs (up to $840) can be claimed at the end of the award.
For further details see:
· A first class honours degree (or equivalent) in law, political science or related disciples;
· Familiarity with feminist critiques of international law, and/or international relations, and/or human rights;
· Knowledge of the international women’s human rights framework including CEDAW, Security Council resolutions on women and peace and security (1325, 1820, 1888, 1889); the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court; Millennium Development Goals.
· Interest in exploring women’s rights implementation in developing countries (particularly in either African states, East Timor or Cambodia).
Applicants must send:
1) A one-page statement outlining:
o your academic profile and specific research background (if you have done an honours or masters level dissertation, please provide details);
o a potential research topic in the fields of Women’s Human Rights;
o any relevant experience in the area (e.g. working for NGOs, research assistance experience etc).
2) A copy of your academic record.
Please send to:
Professor Louise Chappell (l.chappell at unsw.edu.au)
Closing date: 5 December 2010
Dr Bu V.E. Wilson
T: Australia +61 0 407 087 086
T: Timor-Leste + 670 744 0011
E: buvewilson at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Easttimorstudies