[TimorLesteStudies] Australasian Evaluation Society 2011 Conference Support Grants available for emerging East Timorese evaluators
bu.wilson at anu.edu.au
Fri May 13 13:13:31 EST 2011
2011 AES Conference Support Grants
The AES is providing grants for emerging Indigenous evaluators to meet the partial or full costs of attendance at the 2011 conference where the financial constraints may prevent participation. The ultimate goal and vision of these grants is to increase the number of Indigenous evaluators in the Australasian area and to strengthen their evaluation capacities.
The grants are open to emerging evaluators in the following groups:
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples living in Australia
· Maori living in Aotearoa / New Zealand
· Pacific Island peoples (including those living in Aotearoa / New Zealand and PNG)
· Native East Timorese people.
At least one grant will be reserved for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who meets the support grant criteria. Conference places will be offered to Indigenous evaluators with some experience in evaluation who:
· have demonstrated their interest in and commitment to evaluation;
· aim to strengthen their own evaluation capacity; and
· can potentially contribute to the wider development of Indigenous evaluation capacity.
Testimonials from previous grant recipients about the significant benefits and opportunities that the grants have given them can be found at http://www.aes2011.com.au/rego-grants.asp
Members and their organisations are asked if they can do one or more of the following:
· Promote the conference to Indigenous evaluators.
· Encourage eligible emerging Indigenous evaluators to apply for a conference support grant.
· Provide some mentoring and support to grant applicants (the AES will also provide some support with preparing applications).
· Sponsor or part-sponsor an Indigenous evaluator to attend – sponsors will be acknowledged in the official program, on the AES conference website and in other promotional materials.
Requests for assistance with preparing the application must be received by 13 May 2011
Applications close and must be received by 27 May 2011
Applicants will be notified by 24 June 2011
Further information, as well as the application form and the selection criteria, is available at http://www.aes2011.com.au/rego-grants.asp
Dr Bu V.E. Wilson
T: Australia +61 0 407 087 086
T: Timor-Leste + 670 744 0011
E: buvewilson at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Easttimorstudies