[TimorLesteStudies] Call for Expressions of Interest: Mobilizing Revenues from Extractive Industries for Children?s Rights and Well-Being [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Jen.Drysdale at pc.gov.au
Wed Jun 5 09:01:09 EST 2013
Call for Expressions of Interest: Mobilizing Revenues from Extractive Industries for Children's Rights and Well-Being
UNRISD invites expressions of interest from researchers to prepare papers for a new policy-relevant research project, Mobilizing Revenues from Extractive Industries: Protecting and Promoting Children's Rights and Well-Being in Resource-Rich Countries, focusing on Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines and Timor-Leste.
A total of eight papers will be commissioned, as follows:
* Four research papers on Extractive Industries and the Financing of Child-Inclusive Social Development. One paper will be commissioned on each of the following countries: Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines and Timor-Leste.
* Four research papers on The Political Economy of Mineral Resource Governance and Children's Rights. One paper will be commissioned on each of the following countries: Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines and Timor-Leste.
Extent of papers: 10-000 - 12,000 words
Deadline for first draft: 31 August 2013
Deadline for final revised draft: 30 September 2013
Researcher competencies, experience and skill requirements
* Post graduate degree in Economics, Political Science, Development Studies or other social science disciplines (PhD desirable)
* Experience in development policy research
* Country expertise (Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste)
* Proven publication record
* Solid methodological and research skills
* Fluency in English
* Ability to write clearly and concisely
To submit your expression of interest (EOI)
Please ensure that you have read the full project description and paper terms of reference before completing the EOI form. All materials are available at www.unrisd.org/eiandchildren<http://www.unrisd.org/80256B3C005BB128/%28httpProjects%29/62799CC22E9FA929C1257B7C004AACC1?OpenDocument>.
Please then send the following to pdrm at unrisd.org<mailto:pdrm at unrisd.org> with the subject line "EOI submission" by midnight, 25 June 2013:
* the completed EOI form
* full CV (including academic record and list of publications)
* a sample of a recent single authored piece of written work (published or unpublished) that is related to this research project
* the names and contact details of two referees
More on this call
* UNRISD particularly welcomes expressions of interest from women, young researchers and researchers from and based in developing countries.
* Due to limited staff resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Visit www.unrisd.org/eiandchildren<http://www.unrisd.org/80256B3C005BB128/%28httpProjects%29/62799CC22E9FA929C1257B7C004AACC1?OpenDocument>
* For further information contact pdrm at unrisd.org<mailto:pdrm at unrisd.org>
Follow us on social media
Click on the following link if you wish to unsubscribe
Palais des Nations
1211 Geneva 10
info at unrisd.org<mailto:info at unrisd.org>
NOTE: If this Email Alert has been forwarded to you from a colleague, and you would like to register to this free service from UNRISD, visit www.unrisd.org/alerts<http://www.unrisd.org/alerts>
This email has been automatically generated. Please do not reply to this email address. To get in touch with UNRISD, write to info at unrisd.org<mailto:info at unrisd.org>
This e-mail and attachments (if any) is intended for the original addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use or dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
Please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Easttimorstudies