[TimorLesteStudies] TLSA Conference Update: 17 May (resend with registration link corrected)

Michael Leach mleach at swin.edu.au
Sun May 19 13:01:23 EST 2013

UNDERSTANDING TIMOR-LESTE 2013
Buka Hatene Timor-Leste 2013 / Compreender Timor-Leste 2013 / Mengerti Timor-Leste 2013

A TLSA Research Conference, Liceu Campus, National University of Timor-Lorosa’e (UNTL), Avenida Cidade de Lisboa, Dili, Timor-Leste, 15 – 16 July 2013

Just a few quick updates & reminders on the 2013 conference in Dili:

Conference Program

  *   The organising committee is pleased to announce that we have once again received more than 100 abstracts. In particular, there has been strong increase in the number of papers in both the Tetun and the Portuguese language streams this year. It promises to be another good conference in Dili. If you have not yet received confirmation of acceptance of your paper proposal, please email: conference_2013 at tlstudies.org
  *   We expect to distribute the first draft of the program by the end of May.

Conference Sponsors & Partners

  *   Alongside the regular support of the National University of Timor Lorosa'e (UNTL), Swinburne University of Technology and the Technical University of Lisbon, the TLSA gratefully acknowledges the active support of The Presidency of the Republic of Timor-Leste for the 2013 conference.

Registration

  *   See details here: http://tlstudies.org/ConferenceEng2013.html#Registration
  *   Internationals: All international delegates should submit their completed registration forms by Friday June 14. Internationals may either pre-pay using the registration form, or pay at the registration desk in Dili on July 15. (Write "pay in Dili" at the payment section of the registration form if that is your intention.)
  *   East Timorese nationals: please register at the registration desk on July 15. You can confirm your attendance before the conference by emailing: Alarico da Costa Ximenes, UNTL. Email: alaricodacosta at rocketmail.com<mailto:alaricodacosta at rocketmail.com>

Conference Publication

  *   As with the 2009 and 2011 TLSA conferences, we will publish a peer-reviewed, 4-language conference proceedings publication, which will be distributed free to East Timorese universities and libraries. Your TLSA conference registration fees and the support of our partners make this possible.
  *   See the 2011 conference proceedings here: http://tlstudies.org/tlsa_confpro2011.html
  *   Please note that full written papers are not due until after the conference, usually in September.

General information on panel sessions

  *   Each panel session will be 90 minutes in total:
     *   Each presenter will have 20 minutes, in a three-speaker panel (60 mins)
     *   There will question and discussion time after that (30 mins)
  *   Powerpoint facilities will be available at the conference.

We look forward to seeing you all in Dili in July!

Michael Leach
for the TLSA organising committee

Please note that future conference updates will not be sent on the general TLSA email list, but to a specific list of conference delegates. Apologies for initial cross-postings.

Associate Professor Michael Leach
Politics & Public Policy
Faculty of Life and Social Sciences
Swinburne University of Technology