[TimorLesteStudies] Youth census report for Timor-Leste

Michael Leach mleach at swin.edu.au
Fri Nov 22 11:57:16 EST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Scheiner [mailto:peacefulsystems at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 22 November 2013 10:58 AM
To: easttimorstudies at anu.edu.au
Subject: Re: [TimorLesteStudies] Youth census report for Timor-Leste

A few weeks ago, the RDTL General-Directorate for Statistics released about a dozen thematic reports based on the 2010 Census, including the one Richard mentioned below. As he wrote, many of the files were unnecessarily large.  La'o Hamutuk has shrunk and republished all of them without any changes (so our Youth one is larger than Richard's, and authors are credited only at the back). You can download these from http://www.laohamutuk.org/DVD/DVDIndexEn.htm#census.  They include
2 Population Distribution by Administrative Areas
3 Social & Economic Characteristics
4 Suco Report
5 Report on Fertility and Nuptiality
6 Report on Mortality
7 Report on Migration and Urbanization
8 Population Projections
9 Report on Education
10 Report on Disability
12 Report on Labour Force
13 Report on Housing Characteristics and Amenities
14 Report on Gender Dimensions
15 Census Atlas
16 Report on Youth

This reference page on La'o Hamutuk's website (the link above without the #census bookmark; also in Tetum) contains dozens of reports that could be useful to researchers on Timor-Leste. We welcome suggestions of additional items to include.  La'o Hamutuk has also recently published a 12-GB compendium (on a USB memory stick) which contains all of this and much more, to enable access without requiring costly and snail's-pace Timor-Leste internet service.  We will distribute it soon.

-- Charlie Scheiner, La'o Hamutuk

At 08:25 AM 11/22/2013, Michael Leach wrote:
>TIMOR LESTE STUDIES ASSOCIATION MAILING LIST

Charles Scheiner
La'o Hamutuk (The Timor-Leste Institute for Development Monitoring and Analysis) P.O. Box 340, Dili, Timor-Leste (East Timor)
Telephone:  +670-332-1040 or +670-7734-0965 mobile
email:  peacefulsystems at gmail.com  website:
http://www.laohamutuk.org   blog:
http://laohamutuk.blogspot.com/  skype: cscheiner