[TimorLesteStudies] reply post

robert wesley-smith rwesley at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 8 17:58:41 AEST 2017

While I’m sure Annette Jansen’s book will be seen as interesting, it feels like she is setting out to prove her hypothesis.

Further, as an activist continuously from the 70s, not just the 90s, I can almost guess who was talked to - eg the use of 'talking truth to power' only came into vogue in the 90s I reckon.

She leaves out that a lot of energy tp oppose the Indonesian invasions of West Papua in 1981 and after, and the invasion of East Timor in 1975.   Perhaps the organisation of the groups left something to be desired, but they existed.

Rob Wesley-Smith

rwesley at ozemail.com.au