[enviro-vlc] JOB: World Agroforestry Centre – SEA Regional Office, Bogor
vern.weitzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 11:44:15 EST 2009
Subject: [INCL English] Indonesia Nature Conservation newsLetter 12-28a
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:18:21 +0700
From: [INCL English] <Incl.contact at gmail.com>
JOB: World Agroforestry Centre – SEA Regional Office
Recruiting a Functional Units Assistant, based in Bogor, Indonesia
The World Agroforestry Centre is one of a network of the Consultative Group
on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). As a global leader in
agroforestry research and development, ICRAF’s ultimate purpose is to
improve human welfare by reducing poverty, increasing cash income,
improving food and nutritional security, and increasing environmental
resilience through improved agroforestry systems. ICRAF has it’s
headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and works in 21 countries throughout Africa,
Asia and Latin America.
In 1993, the World Agroforestry Centre opened a program for Southeast Asia
with Bogor, in Indonesia, as its regional headquarters. We currently work
in five Southeast Asian countries including Indonesia, Philippines,
Thailand, Vietnam and China.
The Functional Unit Assistant will be under direct supervision of the
Economic Functional Unit (EFU) and Policy Analyst Unit (POLAN). The
incumbent will be expected to provide both administrative and technical
support to the overall operation of the two Units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
* Provide administrative and communication services to FUL
(Functional Unit Leader) of POLAN and EFU, to ensure effective
coordination and smooth implementation of activities of staffs
and project management
* Provide supports to organize trainings, workshops, cross
visits, internal and external meetings
* Maintain all related project documents under the two units
* Provide assistants in project budget monitoring
* Assists in maintaining Units’ network institutions, partners,
* Assists the Units in dealing with ICRAF-SEA IT Support Unit
Qualifications and Skills Required:
This position requires at least the following qualifications and
* B.Sc in Management, Information Management, Communication or
* Holds two years experience with an international research &
* Computer literate (on Window based-systems including Excel and
ACCESS and other statistical program package).
* Self motivated and is able to work with minimal supervision.
* Willing to travel.
* Experienced in working with diverse group of partners (farmers,
NGOs, local government officials, technicians, private sector,
researchers and international organizations).
* Team-oriented and willing to work as a member of an
interdisciplinary team of ICRAF technical and logistical staff.
* Good oral and written Indonesian language as well as English.
Terms of offer
* This is a Nationally Professional Fixed Term position with a
competitive salary and benefits package.
* The contract is for an initial period of 1 (one) year, with
possibility of renewal, subject to a 3 (three) months probation
period, assessment of performance, and availability of resources.
Please submit your applications Human Resource Unit, ICRAF (Code :
Functional Unit Assistant EFU & POLAN) with relevant qualification,
experiences, reference and a recent photograph not later than August, 15th,
2009 to : y.rahmawati at cgiar.org or fax: (0251) 8625416.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the requirements stated above will be
contacted. We invite you to learn more about ICRAF and the position at our
web site : http://www.worlagroforestry.org/sea
More information about the enviro-vlc