[enviro-vlc] vacancy at VVOB : Social Participation Officer
vern.weitzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:42:33 EST 2009
Subject: vacancy at VVOB : Social Participation Officer
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:26:49 +0000
From: Simon Jeanmart <s_jeanmart at hotmail.com>
VVOB is seeking a Social Participation Officer for the PArticipatory
EXtension (PAEX) Programme in the South.
Could you help us to circulate the vacancy announcement ?
Thank you very much in advance,
VVOB - Vietnam
Social Participation Officer
PAEX – PArticipatory EXtension programme
The Flemish Office for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance – VVOB,
About the organization
The Flemish Office for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance, Belgium
(VVOB) is implementing 2 programmes (education and participatory (agricultural)
extension) for the period 2008-2010 in Vietnam (possible extension up to 2013).
The Agriculture programme aims to strengthen methodological extension skills, in
particular participatory extension skills, of stakeholders involved in
agricultural extension contribute to a better performing extension system in 5
provinces of Southern Vietnam (Binh Phuoc, Ba Ria- Vung Tau, An Giang, Hau
Giang, and Soc Trang).
Partners for the implementation are the Department of Agriculture and rural
development, Agricultural (and fishery) extension centre, Women’s Union, and
Farmers’ Association in the 5 provinces.
Responsibilities and Opportunities Offered
The selected applicant will:
- plan and organize training sessions, workshops for Women’s Unions and Farmers’
Associations members in the 5 provinces;
- develop the promotion and awareness of participatory approaches in the Women
Union and Farmers’ Association (national, province, district, village levels)
through workshops, trainings, development of materials (leaflets,…) and instruments;
- assure the quality of the training sessions;
- organize follow-up of activities to the training;
- Coordinate and manage the activities with the partners ;
- Develop and ensure good relationship with the partners from national to
- report on project activities and results;
- be responsible for a sound financial management;
- Support programme planning and budget activities.
- Other duties as required
- have education diploma or similar through experience;
- have a strong understanding of Mass organizations (Women Union / Farmers’
association) system and policies;
- have a vision on how the participatory approaches can be developed and
strengthened in the Women Union and Farmers’ Association;
- be Vietnamese citizen;
- have minimum 5 years work experience in project management, preferably in
extension and training as well as in community based project;
- assure progress over time, and quality of your own processes ;
- be able to work independently and in a team;
- be proactive, flexible and creative;
- have excellent knowledge and skills in English, both written and oral;
- have excellent communication skills.
This full time position will be located in Can Tho city or in Ho Chi Minh City.
Social participation officer coordinates with the coordinator of the Programme.
Regular working trips to the 5 provinces are part of the assignment as well as
to the programme offices (Can Tho / HCMC).
Remuneration and benefits
Salary and package according to EU-UN cost norms 2009 (including social - and
As soon as possible
First phase is up to 31/12/2010 with possible extension up to 2013
Candidates for the position are requested to submit letters of application and
CV in English to the below address by 24th August 2009.
Mekong Delta development Research institute - CTU
Campus 2, 3/2 street, Ninh Kieu district
Can Tho City
And also email to paex at ctu.edu.vn for the attention of Mr Simon Jeanmart,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Selections will
take place on 31st of August and 1st of September 2009.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 301056 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/enviro-vlc/attachments/20090810/2cfbd8e1/attachment.doc
More information about the enviro-vlc