[health-vn] The Netherlands Red Cross is looking for an Administration Officer (part-time) per direct
vern.weitzel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:01:00 EST 2010
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The Netherlands Red Cross is looking for an Administration
Officer (part-time) per direct
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:36:10 -0800
From: adminnlrc <admin at nlrc.org.vn>
Please kindly post our advertisement for an Admin Officer to your
website and mailing list.
Thank you for your support
Netherlands Red Cross in Vietnam
PART TIME ADMINISTRATION OFFICER IN HANOI
For 3 ½ Months
Purpose and duration
To take care of the administrative tasks relating to office management and the
projects, in order to support the Netherlands Red Cross in Vietnam to
effectively carry out its programme, including support to Vietnam Red Cross and
alignment with donor requirements.
The Administration Officer will be assigned to the Office of the Netherlands Red
Cross in Hanoi on a full time basis. In this capacity his/her specific duties
and responsibilities include:
Contribute to a smooth running office, by taking care of:
• Purchase office supply and stock keeping;
• Procure office equipment, and update fixed asset register accordingly;
• Arrange for accounts for mobile phones, landline phones and e-mail.
• Contact service companies whenever a problem with equipment or communication
means (internet, email, phone) occurs.
• Translate, or arrange translation of relevant documents and correspondence (from
• Every 3 months, go to DIPSERCO and Tax Department for payment (or receipt of
invoice) of social insurances and tax payment.
• Receive, send and distribute mail;
• Logistical arrangement for fieldvisits of the Delegate and Project Officers
(reservation for air, train or vehicle transport, hotel booking, visa arrangements)
Assist NLRC project staff in administrative duties regarding the ongoing and
finalized projects in the NLRC office, including:
• Filing project documents;
• Translate, or arrange translation of relevant documents and correspondence
(from Vietnamese into English and vice versa);
• Follow-up with VNRC to collect and file documents related to source of
verification of the projects.
Assist the Financial Officer in:
• Take care of regular cash payments;
• Take care of handing out WA and make sure clearance is done on time.
• Weekly reconcile the petty cash;
• Translate invoices into English;
• Carry out bankrelated matters (payments, collecting cash etc.)
The Administration Officer will report to and is supervised by the NLRC
Representative in Vietnam.
Besides, the Project Officer has the following general tasks:
• To represent the NLRC Project Office, and ensure effective working
relationships with VNRC;
• To liaise closely with the International Federation and other National
Societies of the Red Cross represented in Hanoi on office matters.
• Any other duty related to the work as and when requested by the NLRC.
Working Experience Experience in working for international organizations is a pre.
Language Fluency in English, both orally and in writing.
Skills and qualities Interest in working for a humanitarian organization;
Initiator: generating and implementing new ideas and initiatives to make the
office run more efficiently;
Dynamic and ability to work independently;
Accurate and organized;
Basic accounting skills;
Good communication skills;
Self-supporting in computers (MS Windows).
Please sent your CV to the Netherlands Red Cross team by e-mail to
admin at nlrc.org.vn a.s.a.p.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Job Description AO per March 2010.doc
Size: 100864 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/health-vn/attachments/20100316/8935751b/attachment.doc
More information about the health-vn