[hepr-vn] Winrock jobs-Project manager
vern.weitzel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:11:32 EST 2009
Subject: Winrock jobs-Project manager
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:57:12 +0700
From: Thu Tran <thutran at winrock.org.vn>
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people
in the United States and around the world to increase economic
opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment.
Winrock has been awarded a MacArthur Foundation grant to implement the
Greater Annaminites Sustainable Finance (GASF) Project. The goal of the
Greater Annamintes Sustainable Finance Project is to develop sustainable
finance mechanisms to support biodiversity in the Greater Annamites and
Greater Mekong Subregion. The project focuses on sustainable finance
capacity building in an effort to sustainable MAF investments in the
Greater Annamite Region. Under the project, two pilot sites will be
established to secure environmental services agreements over large areas
of the Eastern Plains Dry Forest in Cambodia and in the Central Truong
Son Landscape in Vietnam.
*Winrock International is currently recruiting a Hanoi-based
Project Manager for the GASF Project.*
*POSITION TITLE: Project Manager*
The Hanoi-based Project Manager will provide management and
administrative oversight for GASF project, including setting up the
project’s Hanoi office, contracting local staff, and working with the
project’s technical managers GoV counterparts to develop a workplan and
project document for approval by the GoV. The project manager will help
establish the Cambodia office and will work with the MARD to identify
activities in the Central Annamites in Vietnam and program activities in
the SEIMA Biodiversity Conservation Area in Cambodia. The Project
Manager will work in close collaboration with Winrock’s team in Ho Chi
Ming City, Phnom Penh, and Winrock’s headquarter staff in the United
1. Project start up and Government of Vietnam approval
2. Establish Winrock offices in Vietnam and a project management
unit in Cambodia
3. Establish project start-up in Central Vietnam (select project
site in Quang Nam based on Winrock and partner program criteria)
4. Hire technical and other project staff
5. Coordinate and monitor project work plan activities
6. Oversee logistical and financial management support
7. Maintain project financial reports and records in accordance
Winrock policies and procedures.
8. Provide partner and leveraging support
9. Support capacity building in the MARD and the FA
10. Coordinate activities with Winrock International’s Asia Regional
Biodiversity Conservation Program
11. Support production of new proposals with the USAID, ADB, UNDP,
charitable foundations and other foundations, and
12. Other tasks as required for project implementation.
*Position location*: Hanoi, Vietnam with frequent travel to Cambodia and
other parts of Vietnam.
* Excellent English skills (speaking and writing)
* Natural Resources Management, Forestry, or Biodiversity
Conservation —Master’s Degree or equivalent experience;
* Knowledge of payment for environmental services, carbon markets,
climate change, preferred;
* Five years experience managing international donor projects in
South East Asia;
* Ability to liaise with government officials (Commune, District,
Province, and National), donors, partners and other stakeholders
including the Private sector;
* Proficiency in the use of computer software: Word, Excel, Power
Point. Proficiency in the use of project accounting software is
* Proven interpretation and translation skills; and
* Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills.
Annual salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send current resume and cover letter by July 17 to:
ngocthuycali at winrock.org.vn <mailto:ngocthuycali at winrock.org.vn>.
Please indicate in your letter (in English) the position of applying and
why you are interested in the position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Nguyen Kieu Thu Tran
Office Administrative Assistant
Asia Regional Biodiversity Conservation Program
D6, 40 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan St., Dist 3,
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: (84-8) 39306061 Fax: (84-8) 39306057
Mobifone: 094 579 1617
E-mail: thutran at winrock.org.vn <mailto:thutran at winrock.org.vn>__
Vern Weitzel (Mr.) BSc, BA, MA, M Env Man & Dev
<vern at coombs.anu.edu.au> <vern.weitzel at gmail.com> <vernweitzel at mac.com>
ANU/AVSL eMail Lists: http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~vern/forum.html
NGO Centre eMail Lists: http://ngocentre.org.vn/mailman/listinfo
Address during 2009: 2724 NE 24th St, Renton WA 98056-8321 USA
tel: +1 (425) 228-4513 mob: +1 (206) 3-9999-81 fax: +1 (425) 988-7090
Viet Nam: 1st stairwell, apartment 504-505, A4 Giang Vo,
Ba Dinh, Ha Noi [Ngoc Khanh St, near Kim Ma St] tel: +84 (4) 3846-1751
Australia: PO Box 4013, Ainslie, ACT 2602
Skype: vernweitzel Twitter: vernweitzelngo
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN A REASONABLE TIME, PLEASE RESEND YOUR MESSAGE
"Kindness heals the wounds of a lifetime"
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: GASF Project Manager - position announcement_REV 090709.pdf
Size: 229145 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/hepr-vn/attachments/20090712/970779aa/attachment-0001.pdf
More information about the hepr-vn