Australian Government Web Page

Kerry Webb k.webb@nla.gov.au
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 17:24:39 +1000

On 12/4/95 Paul Houghton said:
>Hi,
>
>Just stumbled across a web page for the Australian Govt and pointers to
>some Sates, put out by  Office of Government Information and Advertising,
>part of DAS.
>
>        http://www.ogia.gov.au/
>
>Seems they haven't heard of the National Library work and are re-inventing
>the wheel.
>
>Anyone know more?

I spoke to Tony Robinson at OGIA and he said that OGIA's charter is to
provide information on the Commonwealth Government and its programs,
and that's why they're running their server.

OGIA is aware of the NLA's work, and when their system is fully operating
I expect that they'll point to our pages, just as we currently point to theirs.

Kerry

Kerry Webb
Director, Systems   National Library of Australia   CANBERRA   ACT   2600

k.webb@nla.gov.au     Phone: (+616) 2621535     Fax: (+616) 2733648