Getting a KeyPOST Digital Certificate - Part 3 - The Disk

Tom Worthington tomw@acslink.net.au
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:16:26 +1000

I wrote Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:15:00 +1000:

>... A Sealed Envelope, this is marked "Do Not Open This Envelope" and
> presumably contains some sort of activation code to go with the key,
>when it arrives....

On 7 September I received a small packet containing a floppy disk marked
"Keystore Diskette" and a card which simply said:

                                 KeyPOST

        To install your KeyPOST material into a browser or server,
                        visit the KeyPOST web site

                www.auspost.com.au/keypost/downloads.htm

                to download the free Keystore Converter

However, all the URL gave me was an error 404. So I have e-mailed Australia
Post about it.

Also I got a message from Australia Post 15 September, advising that KeyPOST
certificates can now be used to digitally sign and encrypt email. It makes
me wonder what they thought I was going to do with my certificate. Also I
noted that the message was not digitally signed.

Tom Worthington	           http://www.acslink.net.au/~tomw   PO Box 13
Immediate Past President                            Belconnen ACT 2617
Australian Computer Society                        tomw@acslink.net.au
DAMA98, Canberra, 23 Oct: http://www.acslink.net.au/~tomw/intrnt.htm