[LINK] Microsoft Warns SEC of Open-Source Threat

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:42:37 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, James Morris wrote:

>   By Peter Galli
>
>   Microsoft Corp. may in the future be forced to lower its software
>   prices as a result of the growth of open source, the company cautioned
>   in its latest filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
>
>   In its latest 10-Q quarterly filing, Microsoft said that the
>   popularization of the open-source movement continues to pose a
>   significant challenge to its business model.

This strikes me as M$ trying to make a case for more direct US gummint
intervention against OSS.  "Damn it, this open source thingy is killing
off one of our biggest businesses, and that's just plain un-American".

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>