[LINK] Freedom of Expression (TM)

Chirgwin, Richard Richard.Chirgwin@informa.com.au

>Does anyone remember a SF story - probably the 1960s - set in a world where

>copyright inspectors walked around with listening devices strapped to their
bodies,
>and eavesdropped on conversations.

It may be Gene Wolfe's "Three Fingers". It's a very long time since I read
it, but the plot sounds close. The coipyright inspectors in Three Fingers
were, of course, employed by Disney (hence the title)... their ultimate
punishment was to choke violators on expanding confectionery teeth (this is
Gene Wolfe, after all).

Will check & see. If it is Three Fingers, it was early 1970s...

RC