[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

David Lochrin dlochrin@dot.net.au
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:30:36 +1100

At 00:53 06-02-2003 +1100, Rachel Polanskis wrote:
>Let's hope we can forget LJH a lot sooner, anyway.   I sincerely hope the UN
>does not come on board, then we will have a big stick with which to bring
>down this evil small minded man and his despicable government.

   Hear, hear!  Rachael, you may be cheered by the following Letter to the Editor of the Sydney Morning Herald on 29th January from John Valder, at one time no less than National President of the Liberal Party (not that I'm pushing any barrows for them) - see  http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/28/1043534055296.html

>Does anyone seriously believe that Iraq constitutes the greatest problem confronting the world?  What about Israel and the Palestinians, for starters?  Not to mention the countless millions suffering poverty, starvation and indescribable hardship in so many parts of today's world.
>
>Yet the US and its two allies are spending billions assembling troops, warships, missiles and goodness knows what in the Persian Gulf and around Iraq.  Just imagine if all these billions could be directed to help relieve the suffering in at least some parts of our poverty-ridden world.
>
>I am old enough to remember that in 1939 we in Australia were suffering drought, heatwaves, bushfires and the naked aggression of Adolf Hitler.  In 2003 we have drought, heatwaves, bushfires and George Bush, certainly the most belligerent US president in my now long memory.  It makes one wonder if Washington needs a regime change as much as Baghdad and if it is Bush who should be pushed into exile - ideally in Iraq, where he could carry out his own personal weapons inspections, aided perhaps by the leaders of one or two of his few allies.
>
>John Valder, Former NSW & federal president of the Liberal Party,
>Bayview, January 27.

Cheers!
David Lochrin

David Lochrin