[LINK] Aust Post questionnaire

Bob Bain bobb@soxkat.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 12:27:50 +1100

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:36:05 +1100, David Lochrin wrote:

>   I think this is an abuse of the postal system which, privatised or not,
> still provides an essential public service.  Presumably some part of the
> recent 5-cent increase in local postage went towards funding such activities,
> and I cannot think of a better reason for ~not~ privatising public infrastructure
> and basic services.

 I believe I had one of these.  It went straight into the communal
rubbish bin.

 As for privatisation it might be useful if one could select
"non-paid" (rather than pre-paid) envelopes from Australia Post
outlets which carry advertising in lieu of a stamp.

  Such envelopes would be free of postage to the user.

  This would assist those of us who are "feeling the pinch" at the
moment....

Bob Bain
Sydney Australia
bobb@soxkat.com