[LINK] Aust Post questionnaire

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:17:35 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, James Morris wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, David Lochrin wrote:
>
> >    I have just received an Australia Post questionnaire (sorry, "[big
> > tick] Lifestyle Survey") which promises that I might win $40,000 cash et
> > cetera if I complete it.
> >

> Did this arrive in a PO box?  I was getting fed up with all of the junk
> mail that only Aust Post could have been placing in mine, so I saw the
> postmaster and had it removed from a list they maintain.  It seems to be
> some kind of unpublicised opt-out system.

Actually when you apply for a PO box you have to specify on the form
whether you opt-in or opt-out (I forget which is the default).  I
definitely marked for opt-out but it still seems to be ignored on most
occasions, esp by political material.

...and I don't know whether you realise that CLID barring doesn't work in
some cases.  I set up a fax facility for a friend on a Faxstream Duet
line.  The advertised number (TLID I think they call it was the secondary
number, but when I tried the test to the fax reporting service which sent
out on the primary number, the report firstly tried to come back on the
primary number but c=gave up after 3 tries and then tried the secondary
(TLID) number.  Both number have CLID barring.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>