[LINK] Aust Post questionnaire

Ash Nallawalla nospam@crm911.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:32:41 +1100

> From: Howard Lowndes

> Actually when you apply for a PO box you have to specify on the form
> whether you opt-in or opt-out (I forget which is the default).  I
> definitely marked for opt-out but it still seems to be
> ignored on most occasions, esp by political material.

My PO Box is over 20 years old, so I cannot remember if they were
worried about privacy then and what they asked me.  I cannot remember if
I get advertising flyers there, certainly not in recent memory.  Anyway,
opting out for junk mail should not stop bulk posted material from
reaching you as was this kit.  I think it only stops the letterbox type
of advertising material.

- Ash