[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:07:22 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Felipe Rodriquez wrote:

> Keep the problem in perspective. 2079 people lost their live because
> they where murdered in California in 2000.  1736 people died in
> 2001 in Australia because they where involved in a road traffic
> accident. 6700 australians die from lung cancer each year, mostly
> as a result of smoking cigarettes.

...add to that, 7 people die in a Shuttle burn-up, 7 people who were well
aware of the risks that they were facing; 7 people die in the Waterfall
derailment, 7 people who were just going about their normal activities;
but we get the massive outpouring of grief over the Shuttle, and attempts
at political point scoring ahead of a NSW election over Waterfall.  Where
are our priorities?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>