[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Chirgwin, Richard Richard.Chirgwin@informa.com.au
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:54:57 +1000

> And has anyone noticed the proliferation of 'war' or conflict
> movies on the
> TV at the moment?  Why haven't they put on "Dr. Strangelove"?

Yeah, I had observed that ... at least this is normal entertainment-industry
behaviour, "since everyone's thinking about a war, let's run some reminders
of how a single US soldier with a bullet in each leg and an American flag
between his teeth can still plant the flag"!

Somehow, I don't know that Strangelove fits the general tone the programming
managers are looking for right now, Jan. Ahh for a new voice of dissenting
outrage with the imaginative reach of a young Stanley Kubrick...

Richard Chirgwin