[LINK] Aust Post questionnaire

David Lochrin dlochrin@dot.net.au
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:53:06 +1100

At 03:20 10-02-2003 +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:

>>    All outbound calls look the same to the exchange because they all
>> appear on the same copper pair, and all will be given the same CLID as
>> far as I'm aware.  I don't know how the FAX Reporting Service figures
>> out which number to send its report to, but it might look for the number
>> which is associated with the FAX ring cadence.  If it's sending reports
>> to the primary number you could have a configuration problem.
>
>Actually with Faxstream Duet you can get the signalling system to think
>that the outgoing call is from the secondary number rather than the
>primary number by prefixing the dialled number with *11*3#

   Hmmm... I'd forgotten about that!

   *11*3# before a call-waiting, call-diversion, or other command can be used to apply these commands to the FAX number too.  In fact with three numbers,  *11*n#  can be used with n=2 to select the CLID of the secondary voice or data number, or with n=3 to select the CLID of the FAX number.  Apparently n=1 selects the primary number, but that's the default anyway so it's not necessary.

   And, having just checked the point, I think three numbers, including the primary number, is the limit - contrary to something I implied previously.

David Lochrin

David Lochrin
+61 2 9363 1094
PGP public key available by emailing <pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net>