[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:03:03 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Chirgwin, Richard wrote:

> > And has anyone noticed the proliferation of 'war' or conflict
> > movies on the
> > TV at the moment?  Why haven't they put on "Dr. Strangelove"?
>
> Yeah, I had observed that ... at least this is normal entertainment-industry
> behaviour, "since everyone's thinking about a war, let's run some reminders
> of how a single US soldier with a bullet in each leg and an American flag
> between his teeth can still plant the flag"!
>
> Somehow, I don't know that Strangelove fits the general tone the programming
> managers are looking for right now, Jan. Ahh for a new voice of dissenting
> outrage with the imaginative reach of a young Stanley Kubrick...

Surely with N Korea also looming on the horizon, it's also time for yet
another rerun of M.A.S.H.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>