[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Chirgwin, Richard Richard.Chirgwin@informa.com.au
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:46:59 +1000

> We should not support unilateral action against Iraq by
> America and allies
> because-despite the fact that Saddam should not be running a
> country-America
> has never overthrown a government and replaced it with a
> better one.

Well ... agree generally, but I guess Nazi Germany and prewar Japan may
count against this statement!

Now, about the "make yourself a target" thing. The hard question is "how far
can individual morality be applied to governmental responsibility?"

Saying "bugger you Jack" is a great wrong at an individual level; but a
government must think differently. The question, IM-(very arrogant!)-O is
this: "under what circumstances can a government attract danger to its
citizens?"

Richard C