[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

hartr@interweft.com.au hartr@interweft.com.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:55:49 +1000 (EST)

On 11 Feb, James Pearce wrote:

> All of the countries you mentioned above aren't "jumping in" because they
> don't agree with unilateral action against Iraq-not because of some vague
> fear of becoming a target. There are many good reasons for not supporting
> the US war on Iraq, but cowardice isn't one of them.

I really don't think that those of us against this adventurism in Iraq
are against it because we are cowards. I am opposing it because it is
not RIGHT (for many reasons which have been discussed here, so I will
forbear).

Suggesting that the opposition to the war is opposing it out of fear is
fairly despicable tactics - but something that has all too frequently
occurred to those opposing a war. It's another example of the 'If you
are not with us, you are against us' mentality that appears to be
driving so much of this policy here and in the US.

Insistence on a binary perspective by the proponents of this war
suggests that they have very tiny minds and are incapable of thinking
beyond their own self-imposed narrow constraints.

If I believed in God I would say 'God help us' - for it will take the
intervention of Bush and Howard's God to turn them off this course.

--
Robert Hart					 hartr@interweft.com.au
Strategic IT & open source consulting                +61 (0)438 385 533