[LINK] Googling for Google

Ivan Trundle ivan.trundle@alia.org.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:00:39 +1100

Dear Linkers

Curious as it might seem, I typed the search string 'google' into the
Google engine minutes ago.

Apart from the obvious recursive loop danger, what interested me was
the lack of any reference to google.com.au in (at least) the first 200
entries that came up (and only one .au reference, thanks to the Age of
Melbourne).

And the fact that many other national googles ranked higher than
others. The list is interesting in itself, and Linkers might ponder how
Google googles itself.

Warmly

iT
--