[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Adam Todd adam@todd.inoz.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:53:18 +1100

>If you don’t believe its contents are worthwhile or informative, take it
>at least that those in power are attempting to provide guidance and
>information to those of our community who may not be as versed or informed
>on such matters.

I'm just curious how this statement stands up to the fact that Government
constantly covers up the truth to manipulate the public.

Look at the Dept of Foreign Affairs, Downer embarrassed by the leaking of a
document and now every staff member will be required to sign a statutory
declaration.  I hope they all refuse and stand their grounds of an OPEN AND
PUBLIC government.

Carmel Niland said in 1998 "How can the public know what goes on behind
closed doors."  Then in a published meeting minute with MY parents, stated
that the meeting was off record, could not be documented, refused to allow
the meeting to be recorded by video or audio, and that the reasons were
that the community expects trust and openness in these proceedings.

I'm still trying to work out how the public can find out what goes on in
closed door meetings in trust and openness when the minutes are tampered
with so much they don't even make sense.

So don't believe much of what our Government tried to sell you.  The public
(90% of anyway) are so totally gullable they'll do whatever anyone
suggests, take a pill, get a shot, win the lottery by sending off a $100
credit card signed voucher, invest in the property boom (doom) and so on.