[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:32:51 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Adam Todd wrote:

> >If you don’t believe its contents are worthwhile or informative, take it
> >at least that those in power are attempting to provide guidance and
> >information to those of our community who may not be as versed or informed
> >on such matters.
> I'm just curious how this statement stands up to the fact that Government
> constantly covers up the truth to manipulate the public.
> Look at the Dept of Foreign Affairs, Downer embarrassed by the leaking of a
> document and now every staff member will be required to sign a statutory
> declaration.  I hope they all refuse and stand their grounds of an OPEN AND
> PUBLIC government.

I doubt that a stat dec sworn under duress would stand up anywhere, so
they should go right ahead and swear it out as being less worth than the
paper it's written on.

LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
Flatter government, not fatter government - Get rid of the Australian states.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary,
and those who don't.