[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Howard Lowndes lannet@lannet.com.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:32:51 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Adam Todd wrote:

> >If you don’t believe its contents are worthwhile or informative, take it
> >at least that those in power are attempting to provide guidance and
> >information to those of our community who may not be as versed or informed
> >on such matters.
>
> I'm just curious how this statement stands up to the fact that Government
> constantly covers up the truth to manipulate the public.
>
> Look at the Dept of Foreign Affairs, Downer embarrassed by the leaking of a
> document and now every staff member will be required to sign a statutory
> declaration.  I hope they all refuse and stand their grounds of an OPEN AND
> PUBLIC government.

I doubt that a stat dec sworn under duress would stand up anywhere, so
they should go right ahead and swear it out as being less worth than the
paper it's written on.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>