[LINK] Give it a rest, mate!

Russell Ashdown russell@ashdown.net.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:03:11 +1000

I for one am heartily sickened and terribly embarrassed by the
images of our sycophantic prime minister tugging his forelock to our
American masters.

I am most especially embarrassed for him and for our country when
he slides out with inappropriate Australian colloquial slang such as
he did at a meeting attended by U.S. Secretary of State Colin
Powell.  Mr Howard said:

<http://abc.net.au/news/2003/02/item20030211005845_1.htm>

 "If there is a faint hope of this thing being solved without military
force, that faint hope is for the whole world saying the same thing
and saying it very loudly to Iraq - and most particularly the Arab
states saying, 'mate, the game is up'."

We as a nation (and he as a "prime minister") must be a laughing
stock behind the closed doors of the Whitehouse and the Pentagon.

Russell Ashdown