[LINK] Give it a rest, mate!

Craig Sanders cas@taz.net.au
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:08:17 +1100

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:03:11PM +1000, Russell Ashdown wrote:
> I for one am heartily sickened and terribly embarrassed by the
> images of our sycophantic prime minister tugging his forelock to our
> American masters.

me too.  even aside from the seriousness of what he's doing, creating
enemies for Australia that we simply don't need to have, it's
embarrassing to have an arse-licker for a Prime Minister.

> I am most especially embarrassed for him and for our country when
> he slides out with inappropriate Australian colloquial slang such as
> he did at a meeting attended by U.S. Secretary of State Colin
> Powell.  Mr Howard said:
>
> <http://abc.net.au/news/2003/02/item20030211005845_1.htm>
>
>  "If there is a faint hope of this thing being solved without military
> force, that faint hope is for the whole world saying the same thing
> and saying it very loudly to Iraq - and most particularly the Arab
> states saying, 'mate, the game is up'."

he also called on Saddam Hussein to be "Fair dinkum".

un-President Bush (he *lost* the election to Gore) must be amused by
caricature Australians and Little Johnny is doing his best to comply -
he's trying to be Crocodile Johnny.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>