[LINK] Give it a rest, mate!

Russell Ashdown russell@ashdown.net.au
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:21:18 +1000

On 12 Feb 2003 at 9:05, George Bray wrote:

> But at least he's got Vodaphone as a sponsor!  Have you ever
> seen a statesman garbed in commercialware? It's not even an
> Australian company! Perhaps he could convince Mr. Bush to wear a
> Telstra logo when in the global spotlight.

Global spotlight?  I hate to disturb anyone's illusion of grandeur, but
my information from my family in the US is that the general
population of the US is not even aware that the Australian prime
minister is in their country, much less who he actually is (or even
where Australia might be (or was that Austria?)).

It may have been lost on the general public here in Australia, but all
the pomp and ceremony afforded Mr Howard is simply a show put
on for the Australian media, and thus for the Australian public back
home.

Russell Ashdown