[LINK] Give it a rest, mate!

Ash Nallawalla nospam@crm911.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:51:56 +1100

> From: Russell Ashdown

> my information from my family in the US is that the general
> population of the US is not even aware that the Australian prime
> minister is in their country, much less who he actually is (or even
> where Australia might be (or was that Austria?)).

I agree.  Anyone who has been to Washington or major world capitals will
notice different flags welcoming someone or the other but the locals
usually have no idea who it is.  A good measure is CNN's web page - I
don't check it often but today I had to search for Howard's name to find
a solitary recent article covering him and that's not even his visit
(other than the photo):
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/02/11/aust.howard/index.htm

- Ash

--