[LINK] re: Linux poised for lunch-table failure: Link Institute

Tom Worthington tomw2@ozemail.com.au
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:56:21 +1100

Howard Lowndes wrote Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:38:01 +1100 (EST):

>Go on, I dare you to throw this on the media circus^Hit and see if it
>really does get picked up.

Just noticed it was in the Australian, last November:

>Flamed By Linux Lovers
>Open Source - Industry Gossip
>November 26, 2002
>... Some Linux fans, however, have a sense of humour. The "Link Institute"
>in Canberra has issued a "press statement" claiming Linux is suffering
>from a severe lack of catering.
>Because there's no such thing as a free lunch in the Linux world, it will
>fail to take over the corporate desktop, warns "Prof Klerphel".
>"The best we can expect from the Linux mob is brown rice and lentils with
>a carrot juice," he opined.
>"How can they expect to attract serious attention from major corporates
>with hospitality like that?"  ...

Original at

Tom Worthington FACS tom.worthington@tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd ABN: 17 088 714 309
http://www.tomw.net.au PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617
Visiting Fellow, Computer Science, Australian National University
Publications Director, Australian Computer Society