[LINK] FOI Act and Web-Site Design

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke@xamax.com.au
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:17:11 +1100

Message sent to DoCITA, using its 'Feedback' facility:
http://www.dcita.gov.au/Feedback/0,,0_1-2_1,00.html

This is a very small box ...

I can find no organisation chart on your site.  Would you please
advise me where you're hiding it.

Thanks.

And is your site going to send me a copy of the text I've typed into
this very annoying interface?  If not, you're actively denying me the
opportunity to archive my message, and to record a date and time
stamp so that I can follow it up later if you fail to answer me.

I suggest that you check with your lawyers, to see whether your site
may be in breach of the Freedom of Information Act.

Thanks for your assistance!  ...  Roger Clarke

[One could of course send the same message to most government agencies]
[Anyone got any thoughts on how FOI law intersects with web-site design?]

--
Roger Clarke              http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd, 78 Sidaway St, Chapman ACT 2611 AUSTRALIA
                 Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916
mailto:Roger.Clarke@xamax.com.au            http://www.xamax.com.au/

Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program, University of Hong Kong
Visiting Professor in the Cyberspace Law & Policy Centre, U.N.S.W
Visiting Fellow in Computer Science, Australian National University