[LINK] OT: Howards anti-terrorist mailout

Jan Whitaker jwhit@melbpc.org.au
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:46:50 +1100

At 12:07 PM 11/02/03 +1100, James Pearce wrote:
>However, ONE of the arguments that has
>been continually brought up, on this list and elsewhere, is that by
>supporting the US we increase the danger to Australia. If we allow this one
>argument to go unchallenged, it can set a dangerous precedent for future
>debates.

Read the Bali Confessions.  You'll find out that this was one of their
reasons.  I was equally surprised to see it there because my assumption re
Bali was that the attacks there were because the terrorists were after
American service personnel on leave in Bali.  I was wrong.

But having said that, can you show where Iraq has threatened Australia or
Australians? Oh, right, oil.  Silly me, of course I forgot about that.....

Jan

JLWhitaker Associates
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit@melbpc.org.au  --  http://member.melbpc.org.au/~jwhit/whitentr.htm