[LINK] Howard in the footsteps of Menzies

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd@austarmetro.com.au
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:24:45 +1100

somebody wrote:

> from the news today it seems like many of the military are opting out by
> refusing anthrax vaccine.

Most of the reports say that some military personnel are refusing the
vaccine. A few at the start said that they refused to sign the consent
forms.

Does anyone know what the consent form covers?

If the consent form says something like "I, the undersigned, permit the
government to pump a vaccine into my body and I will not sue the government
if I get sick from it and die", then I don't blame anyone for not signing
it.

I have a suspicion that the risk that the disenting military personnel
don't want to take is trustingthe government. I am looking for evidence one
way or another. The clouds of vague and sensational information that passes
for media reports makes fact gathering difficult.

--
Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.
-- Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens), Inscription beneath his bust in the Hall of

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn
Canberra Australia